We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to support LU-VE Plant in Texas (Zyklus – Texas – USA).
The role reports to the Engineering Supervisor.
Brief Job Description
The main role of the Manufacturing Engineer is to control the manufacturing process, implement, and continuously improve manufacturing processes and systems. These processes and systems are used to ensure the products are exceeding our customer requirements of quality, reliability, and our internal goals of cost and delivery.
WHAT YOUR TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE:
- The Engineer will own the manufacturing process under his/her responsibility to meet all requirements of output and quality.
- Design, acquire and improve equipment/tooling or workstations according to ergonomic standards and functionality.
- Design production lines based on lean concepts to eliminate waste.
- Creates and maintains manufacturing documentation (SOP, SCS, Logs, etc).
- Identifies and eliminates problems related to: Quality, Down Time, Scrap and Line Capacity.
- Understands products and process specifications of his area of responsibility.
- Responsible for good manufacturing practices such as: 6s, product flow and safety.
- Manages, updates, and maintains the layout for his area.
- Works with applications engineers, design engineers and product specialists in new product introduction to ensure the manufacturability of products.
- Manages projects with timelines and budgetary constraints.
- Identifies, creates, and completes projects for Capital Plan and Productivity Savings.
- Supports maintenance in the creation of preventive maintenance.
- Creates, updates, and maintains all part numbers and drawing related to tooling and fixturing for the manufacturing process.
- KPI: Improvements measured in USD/HC, Output and % of project completion.
- Supports production line in day-to-day operations.
- Work on issues related to the manufacturing process and practices associated with assembly and test of HVAC products, metal stamping, forming, and punching.
- Perform failure analysis for the product and provide systematic solutions for any issue related to manufacturability.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BS degree- Electromechanical, Electronic, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering or process engineering.
- Experience in HVAC assembly, metal stamping and forming a plus.
- Experience leading OEE improvement projects.
- Experience in use of process tools such as FMEA and measurement system analysis tools.
- Lean Manufacturing/Green belt is a plus
- SMED, TPM, Kaizen Knowledge
- Lean or Toyota Production System experience preferred
- Proven ability to specify, debug and implement equipment.
- Experience using lean manufacturing tools and proven impact on previous projects.
- Exhibit good decision making, analytical problem solving, statistical analysis and excellent organizational abilities.
- Communicate effectively, in written and spoken form, and possess excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Lift up to 25 pounds.
- Work in conditions below 32 degrees or above 90 degrees on occasion.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will work in a manufacturing facility and regularly be exposed to:
- Humidity, loud noises, dirt
- Unpleasant Odors
- Varying and extreme temperatures (heat and cold)
- Sheet Metal
- Mechanical parts
- Forklift traffic