Mechanical Maintenance Operator
We are looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Operator to support LU-VE Plant in Texas (Zyklus – Texas – USA).
The role reports to the Operations Manager.
Brief Job Description
This position is responsible for the set-up, adjustment, maintenance and repair of machinery and mechanical equipment used in the production facility. Ability to perform preventive maintenance, repairs to equipment, troubleshooting, teaching, completion of assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
WHAT YOUR TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE:
- Observes machines and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Maintaining and installing all electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Locating problems through close observation of machinery and staff practices.
- Inspect, maintain, and repair industrial equipment and machinery to ensure they are always in proper working order.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Adjusts functional parts of machine devices and control instruments, which includes change-over to new sizes and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality in supporting all manufacturing needs.
- Performs preventive maintenance checks.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery as needed.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repairs and maintenance.
- Maintain records of service, repairs, and scheduled maintenance
- Complete check-ins and machine checklists
- Safely and accurately perform all duties as required for this position to ensure the safety and quality of our products.
- All other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of motors, pneumatic tools, basic electric skills, as well as the desire to continue to improve ability and knowledge of existing and new equipment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- 3-5 years maintenance experience preferred.
- Proven record of ability to handle equipment safely, sensibly and maturely.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to make sensitive adjustments in equipment.
- Must be team-oriented with the ability to work with others and without direct supervision.
- Must be able to drive a forklift and be willing to obtain a forklift certification preferred.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction, as well as basic math calculations.
- Must be able to work independently as well as effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to work on all lines and perform all positions, including changeovers.
- Must be able to work mandatory overtime, including Saturdays/Sundays, as determined by business needs.
- Experience in manufacturing or distribution preferred.
- Experience working with manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will work in a manufacturing facility and regularly be exposed to:
- Humidity, loud noises, dirt
- Unpleasant Odors
- Varying and extreme temperatures (heat and cold)
- Sheet Metal
- Mechanical parts
- Forklift traffic
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to perform the following: standing, climbing, pulling, and or pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and stooping.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Good physical condition with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs frequently.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must wear all required personal protection equipment associated with specific manufacturing work environment and job duties
- Maintain clean and safe working environment and follow all safety policies and procedures, such as lock out/tag out, safe lifting techniques, and all others as instructed.
- Inform Management of any food safety or quality issues or of any processes which become noncompliant with specified requirements.