We are looking for a Buyer to support LU-VE Plant in Texas (Zyklus – Jacksonville – Texas).
In your role you will report to the Purchasing Manager. Your location will be in Jacksonville (Texas – USA).
Brief Job Description
The Buyer is responsible for the planning, procurement, on time delivery, and inventory level of assigned commodities and spend categories including material, supplies, finished goods, equipment, and service.
WHAT YOUR TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE:
Under direction, and in compliance with established policies and procedures, performs the following for assigned commodities and spend categories:
- Responsible for the scheduling and delivery of material and/or finished goods
- Responsible for the acquisition of material, supplies, equipment, and services based on manual or electronic purchase requisitions
- Responsible for ensuring all purchases are properly authorized
- Responsible for Purchase Order data accuracy
- Ensure all purchases comply with established requirements
- Responsible for in transit status tracking and timely receipt of purchased items
- Process and manage blanket purchase orders
- Provide Purchasing input to backorder management system
- Provide purchasing analyses in support of excess and obsolete inventory management for assigned commodities
- Resolve supplier issues as required
- Perform price analysis
- Support development of negotiation strategies and participate in negotiations as assigned
- Promote and maintain positive working relationship among staff and suppliers
- Maintain supplier diversity system and support established supplier diversity goals
- Participate in cost reduction initiatives.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with minimum 1 year experience
- Knowledge of the principles, methods and procedures employed in the acquisition of material, supplies, finished goods, equipment, and services
- Knowledge of order management principles, methods, and procedures.
- Direct supplier relationship experience
- Knowledge of material requirements planning, master production scheduling, and production scheduling processes and systems
- Knowledge of inventory planning, control and analysis processes and techniques
- Well-developed written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with use of various software applications such as MS Word, Excel, Access, etc.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will work in a office setting, but as needed could be requested to enter the manufacturing facility and might be exposed to:
- Humidity, loud noises, dirt
- Unpleasant Odors
- Varying and extreme temperatures (heat and cold)
- Sheet Metal
- Mechanical parts
- Forklift traffic
SOME OF THE BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- 10 Paid Holidays
- and more